We continue to work hard on your behalf to deliver a new Curling Facility to serve the Greater Glasgow Curling Community and beyond.
We hosted two meetings earlier this week (4th & 5th February 2020) to give an update on our progress.
Here are a few of the key messages delivered during the course of the meetings:
- Positive discussions are ongoing with Glasgow Life.
- We are meeting Renfrewshire Leisure, w/c 24th February 2020.
- We are not in a position to guarantee the providing of a new/alternative Curling Facility by September 2020 to serve the 20/21 Curling Season.
- Clubs should now proceed with making alternative arrangements with other venues for the 20/21 curling season.
- We are committed to doing our very best to establish a New Curling Facility for September 2021 to serve the 21/22 Curling Season and beyond.
- To be financially robust, it is likely that a sustainable New Curling Facility will need to be part of a mixed-use facility - including skating and potentially ice hockey.
- Scottish Curling have given us space on their website to post updates: https://www.scottishcurling.org/clubs-members/glasgow-curling/
Special thanks go to the steering group, led by Gary Macfarlane, for all their continued hard work in helping create a new curling facility.
We will stay in touch. If you know others who would like to be included in these updates, please ask them to drop me a line.
New Curling Facility Group