General local Competition Information
Where a game is tied, and a winner is required because the competition is at a knockout stage, the following rule applies:
- An extra end shall be played if the ice technician agrees that there is time and no team is coming onto the ice in the next 20 minutes.
- If the ice technician is unable to allow an extra end, then a draw shot challenge shall occur until conclusion.
- In a Draw shot challenge teams may only sweep their own stones.
Late or Non Arrivals
We follow The RCCC Rules of Curling on this matter. A team not having its full complement of players ready to play at the start time is penalized as follows:-
- After 5 minutes 1 shot and 1 end
- After 10 minutes 2 shots and 1 end
- After 15 minutes 3 shots and 1 end
- After 20 minutes 4 shots and 2 ends
For seeding in leagues and other formats the following in order are used unless otherwise specifically stated in the rules of the competition:
- No of Points won
- No of ends won
- Net shots scored
- Total shots scored
Details and additional Rules for Particular Competitions
Wednesday evenings from September to February. Open to any 4 members of Braehead. The winners will be invited to represent Braehead in the National Super league finals the following season.
Curlers must be over 50 at midnight on the 30th June prior to the start of the season. Play is usually on Monday afternoon’s with a 12.10pm start and games will run from early October.
Object of this competition is to encourage lady curlers to improve their game. No curler may skip who has previously skipped a winning team in any non club competition. Any four lady members from one of the Braehead curling clubs. Play is at 10am on Wednesdays from October through to December.
If enough teams are entered then there will be two sections and the top 2 teams go forward to play in semi-finals and finals. Play is at 10am on Wednesdays from January onwards.
A one day competition, early in March. Maximum of 16 teams and Format is decided by organizing committee. Usually 3 or 4 five end games, with a high road (Brechin Trophy) and low road (Allcomers Trophy) split after two games.